An Established Lawyer Representing Charter Schools
The Law Office of Lauren E. Baum P.C. in Washington, D.C. has been representing charter schools in DC and Maryland since August 2010. I provide direct representation to schools in need of legal help as well as consultation to prevent legal disputes.
My Services Include
- Consulting with staff to guide them on legally complex situations
- Serving as the school’s point of contact for attorneys or advocates representing parents
- Preparing teams for and attending meetings with parent and their attorneys or advocates
- Assisting school leadership in developing legally compliant policies
- Providing training to staff on various issues
- Representing schools in disputes before the Public Charter School Board, OSSE, DC Office of Human Rights, US Department of Education Office of Civil Rights and in litigation
Lauren E. Baum
Lauren E. Baum has represented charter schools in Washington, D.C. and Maryland since 2008. She is also a partner at the national civil rights charter school consulting firm, Civil Rights Solutions. Lauren advises charter schools locally and nationally on a variety of civil and student rights issues.
Since 2008, Lauren has represented more than 50 charter schools in over 300 administrative proceedings, federal litigation, and multiple OCR and state complaint investigations. She has also led several training programs and presentations on civil rights issues to members of the charter school community across the country.
Lauren received her undergraduate degrees from the University of Texas. She obtained her J.D. from Washington College of Law.